We have a brilliant opportunity for a Digital Account Director to lead a number of exciting accounts across Media and Customer Experience, who has the drive and experience to strengthen and grow the client relationships. With offices all over the world, across the US, UK and Africa, our client is a leader in this industry.
Role and responsibilities
• As Account Director, you will have a responsibility to understand the digital communications landscape, capable of considering both client and agency issues.
• You will be responsible for translating client requirements into internal briefs and, in turn, communicating agency actions, which can often be complex, to the client in understandable or even “layman’s” terms.
• You will lead the development and delivery of a successful digital strategy for your clients’ business, working closely with the Media and Customer Experience teams to deliver an ROI to your clients.
• You will advise, educate and collaborate with the client.
• You will understand the clients’ industry, their business and brand, their objectives and KPIs.
• You will lead the account of an industry-leading internet security brand across their EMEA acquisition program, for which our client delivers end-to-end digital marketing across 17 markets in a pure performance contract.
• As Account Director, you will be tasked with delivering an ROI not just to the client, but to the business as well. You will also lead clients from industries such as publishing, financial services, and broadcasting to whom we deliver Customer Experience and Media services.
• By fully understanding your client’s requirements and goals, and by federating the inputs of subject matter experts in Media, Customer Experience, and User Research, you will create and deliver the client’s strategy in order to hit their commercial objectives.
• Your core areas of responsibility will be your clients’ digital marketing and e-commerce strategy, the profitability of the accounts for the agency, and strengthening and growing the accounts you lead.
The ideal candidate for Account Director has a minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in digital marketing,with a minimum of 1 year in a similar agency role. You must have solid commercial acumen and exemplary client service skills, and be capable of providing “layman’s” explanations of technical industry detail.
You should demonstrate a core understanding of all paid media channels, organic search, mobile advertising, and the systems and technologies associated with delivering these channels. As Account Director, an understanding of and experience in e-commerce, Conversion Rate Optimisation and A/B testing is also highly beneficial.
• BA/BS in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience
• Capable of holistically approaching the digital marketplace, placing a keen eye towards the interplay between all marketing channels (online & offline).
• Experience in running strategies across various digital media channels: display and programmatic, paid and organic search, paid social, and affiliates - with a Direct Response focus.
• Comprehensive understanding of end-to-end digital marketing.
• Knowledge of how CRO can improve performance and how it integrates with media strategies.
• Experience of managing accounts across EMEA, with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent presentation(verbal and written) and strong numerical skills.
• Excellent management skills; including project management, communication and team building skills. Proven collaboration skills and a talent for people management.