• The Background - Digital Wallet Proposition Manager
The Digital Wallet programme is a strategic project being lead out of Savings & Retirement, but with UK wide (and Global) focus.
The Digital Wallet programme is one of the key strategic deliveries for the Group, designing and delivering a broader financial ecosystem – bringing together the existing composite offer with new functionality based around cash accounts; and linking this with innovative technology solutions to give customers access to a wide range of payment services and routes. This has the potential to change the way in which customers interact with our client – making them a more regularly relevant feature in customers’ lives; and enabling a wider range of new propositions.
The Digital Wallet Proposition Manager will be reporting to the Senior Propositions manager and working closely with UK Digital wallet project team on the day to day proposition development.
The role will work closely with Product Leads, Propositions Owners, Research Leads, and CX design – as well as with broader core and virtual teams from across business units, manufacturing lines, and distribution channels.
You’ll love the customers, you’ll be intrigued by them and driven to understand what problems, issues and needs they have. Based on this you will then creatively and innovatively create propositions that solve those problems or meet those needs and in turn also drive commercial value for the business.
As the Digital Wallet Proposition Manager You work collaboratively and be an influencer to your peers to drive your vision of a great proposition to delivery.
You work with numerous teams across the business and build great relationships; you will need to be the proposition champion.
The Digital Wallet Proposition Manager is expected to be able to gather and understand macro and micro trends and influences that are affecting customers and the business as well as being able to understand the competitor landscape and spot opportunities. You’ll work closely with the customer segmentation model and quant data, along with our Props 2.0 process and qualitative research to build a powerful proposition.
Throughout the proposition development you’ll be curious, listen to others, listen to customers, try out new things, overcome barriers, influence your peers and stakeholders, be able to adapt and change, grow the proposition, identify the commercial opportunities and most importa
Role and responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities of the Digital Wallet Proposition Manager
• Based on the customer insight you will work closely with a core team defining, testing and adapting the proposition thinking until it has been refined to a level which customers love and drives commercial value to the business.
• As part of a core proposition team you will work at pace, exploring opportunities with customers, overcoming barriers and working in an agile way. Doing things differently and not being afraid of change you will drive this vision and share it with your peers and senior stakeholders to obtain buy in.
• Once the proposition has been defined you will then work with IT and other relevant teams to get this delivered quickly and within budget.
• You will need to work collaboratively with the strategic propositions manager and project team, delivering successful take up of the propositions and positive customer feedback
• Develop innovative propositions that are truly distinct and mind-opening for the customer as well as aligned to business targets and overall priorities
• Share key learnings, proposition visions and delivery plans with senior stakeholders
• To work with finance and other teams to create commercial business cases for proposition development
• To ensure that propositions go through the relevant compliance/risk sign off’s before launch
Knowledge/Experience of the Digital Wallet Proposition Manager
• Experience in understanding of the customer and developing customer led propositions.
• Experience of agile product/service delivery.
• Experience of successfully designing and launching to market ground-breaking, disruptive and innovative propositions.
• Good commercial acumen, ability to deliver against targets and define tactical trading activities as well as innovative propositions.
• Lateral thinking ability – the proven tendency to think outside the box of the industry norm and get people to follow. Needs to be highly creative in their thinking and customer obsessed, always putting the customer first.
• Ability to work in and lead virtual teams
• Working understanding of customer research and how to identify target bull’s-eye segments and generate insights based on human needs.
• Strong education background with good business degree (essential)
• Marketing degree or CIM qualification (desirable)