Our client, a Digital Performance Agency, is looking for a Head of Paid Search responsible for leading the strategy, activation and management of Paid Search. You will be the go-to person for all Paid Search enquiries and stay up to date with the latest trends.
Role and responsibilities
The Head of Paid Search reports into the Director of Media, and you will collaborate with the other channel leads and other key contributors to ensure our client is performance-driven, innovative, and strategically integrated.You will take responsibility for the daily management of Paid Search activities and lead a team of Paid Search specialists, responsible for their training and progress, as well as the processes and frameworks that determine how Paid Search is delivered by the agency.
You, as the Head of Paid Search, will create detailed strategies that can be used in an efficient way to benefit the company and other members of the media team. You will own campaign performance and identify opportunities for improvements, while ensuring the Paid Search Managers and Executives deliver on the day-to-day optimisation strategies, analysis and technical changes.
Your immediate core focus will be on a new gaming client, closely supporting the Director of Media, as you seek to take a heritage brand and re-launch it into the 21st century. You will also oversee McAfee’s EMEA Paid Search program as part of a wider team on this client that delivers all paid media, natural search, content, CRO and web development across 17 countries and 12 languages.
Other responsibilities and duties of the Head of Paid Search will include:
• Managing bid management tools
• Owning the key relationships with Google and Bing, as well as other key suppliers
• Development and deployment of scripts
• Identifying new platforms, partners and integrations, evaluating these (and existing platforms)
• Provide training and education within the company to help individuals build their Paid Search expertise and on-board new joiners
• Work with Head of SEO to devise strategies that maximize the value and potential synergies of Paid and Natural search
• Work with Data Engineer to enhance the analytics and visuals tied to Paid Search reporting on CORTEX (their in-house business intelligence platform)
• Together with Director of Media & Activation and other heads of channels, manage and optimise the P&L of the media practice in London
The successful Head of Paid Search will have at least 5 years’ experience running Paid Search campaigns in a results-driven multi-channel environment and have delivered effective PPC campaigns in the gambling sector. They will be highly analytical and know which metrics to focus on in order to drive performance. They will have excellent communication skills and a passion for making an impact.
Other experiences and skills of the Head of Paid Search will include:
• Expert knowledge in all elements of Paid Search from campaign segmentation and naming conventions, match types and targeting to ad extensions and bid modifying techniques (time, geo, device, etc)
• Google AdWords qualified
• Experience of managing shopping campaigns on both Google and Bing, as well as optimizing product feeds.
• Experience managing multi-market (5+) campaigns and working with budgets of $500,000/month
• Ability to write scripts to help automate PPC management
• Ideally at least 2 years’ experience working in an agency environment
• Understanding of Programmatic is beneficial
• Understanding of Paid Social is beneficial