My client is a Global Entertainment company and they are looking for a Media Sales Executive to join their sales team. The Media Sales Executive will be responsible for selling and managing integrated advertising opportunities to clients and agencies for the client. You will be responsible for the day-to-day high level servicing of accounts ensuring business is booked and managed efficiently.
If you want to know more, keep reading!
Role and responsibilities
The Media Sales Executive will be doing the following:
• Working with the Sales Assistants to develop, deliver and exceed targeted revenue and promotional value for all UK accounts.
• Maximise revenue across all media and promotional assets of the client (TV, Mobile, Online, Live Events, Studio and other Promotions).
• Maximising revenue for the group through creative sells, pitching for late money, chasing all forecasts, selling Sponsorship and partnership opportunities and encouraging short-term expenditure.
• Ensuring the digital assets are at the front of mind for clients and agencies and maximising their online revenue. This includes .co.uk, owned and operated such as the mobile gaming network, their Youtube offering, Maker Studios, Facebook and other social platforms.
• Chasing outstanding forecasts and assisting the Senior Exec in weekly forecasting by agency and client.
• Overseeing a Sales Assistant to ensure campaigns are set up, booked and monitored in the most efficient way.
• Training the Sales Assistants to ensure they are fully aware of their media and their position in the marketplace.
• Making sure appropriate systems and processes are in place to efficiently administer the group and working with the Assistants to ensure these are delivered.
• Be comfortable presenting updates & opportunities to agency contacts and clients.
• You will be creating sponsorship and promotional packages targeted for portfolio.
• Forging excellent day to day relationships with the agencies at all levels and across departments, attend at least 3 external face to face meetings per week. Keeping informed of your agency business e.g. new business wins, brands not carried, spend on competitive channels.
• Ensure the client are always at the front of mind of the agencies and they are planned in across our channels at the correct share levels.
• On a weekly basis oversee the Assistants to ensure calendar month spends match approvals, agency figures, and booked figure and invoice queries are resolved as and when they arise.
• Overall responsibility for the Assistants' work and development - assist and monitor all media bookings. Mentor/train them in order to develop their knowledge and skill set, help them to forge good agency relationships.
• Working with UK compliance teams and Brand Management, ensure all parts of sales process comply with the brand and guidelines and Industry regulations (Clearcast and OFCOM).
• You will be reporting to the Adsales Asset Manager and Adsales Manager. Supports the Senior Sales Execs Promotions.
• Manages the day to day running of the groups Media business.
• You will be able to understand agency deals relevant to a particular portfolio.
• Become as widely informed as possible about the media and TV industry in general and how the client fits into this.
The successful Media Sales Executive will need to have the following:
• Minimum 1 year experience within a Media Sales environment with a good understanding in particular of the TV sales market.
• Proven ability to build relationships, create sales proposition and negotiate and close deals.
• Broad range of contacts across the media network and to be able to give examples of good working relationships both externally, with agency personnel, and internally.
• Knowledge of the UK Media landscape both TV and online and an understanding of promotional deals within that arena.
• Experience of booking, optimisation, monitoring and reconciliation of campaigns and ability to take action to ensure the optimum delivery of schedules.
• Able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure, good time management skills, meticulous attention to detail and good all round computer skills including power point and excel.
• Able to demonstrate and motivate the team into providing excellent customer service levels.
• The ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team.
• The ability to effectively manage and mentor the assistants in the team.
• A good, confident presenter.
If you think you could be the next Media Sales Executive, then please apply now! We can't wait to hear from you...