Due to the success and continued growth of our client's digital marketing team they are looking to hire a full time PPC Manager to be based in their London office. They are seeking a PPC Manager, who ideally has some line management and mentoring experience. The PPC Manager will work closely withe Head of PPC and specialists across the marketing team. You will be responsible for applying the PPC channel strategy and driving growth across Western Europe.
You will be working within a PPC focussed position and be looking to take that next career step up. This is a very fast paced environment which offers the opportunity to progress your career within a far sighted and technologically driven industry that continues to grow.
Role and responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities of the PPC Manager:
• Work closely with head of digital to develop PPC strategy and oversee its implementation across all of Western Europe.
• Management of PPC agencies to ensure they are delivering all agreed requirements within agreed deadlines centrally across all local markets.
• Hands-on campaign management (via agency) for the company's brands across several countries, such as the UK, Spain, France and Belgium.
• Ensure all PPC campaigns delivered are being managed to the expected standards, utilising all relevant, available and applicable optimisation methods and options are being tested.
• Central point of communication for local market country managers.
• Management of PPC planning, forecasting and reconciliation process with head of digital and PPC agencies.
• Report on key performance indicators across all markets in Western Europe, produce reports for senior management via PPC agency technology.
• Co-ordinating implementation of learnings, know-how, optimisation techniques, tactics and technologies in all campaigns. Collecting, analysing and exchange of experiences gathered in local campaigns.
• Responsible for the management of PPC content requirements, liaising directly with creative departments.
• Ensure full understanding of business objectives in each country and be able to translate this into PPC strategy and action plans.
• Ensure reporting consistency on key performance indicators.
• Support the digital team with quarterly ‘best practice’ PPC audits.
• Liaise with head of digital, head of marketing communications and local country managers – setting up promotions, monitoring tracking and conversions.
• Close liaison with natural search specialists to ensure that where appropriate you are maximising the total opportunity from Search.
• Liaise with Content team – producing all appropriate content needed for campaigns.
• Support agency with setting up PPC campaigns in newly regulated territories where PPC advertising for gambling becomes possible.
• Support agency with Competitors’ monitoring, ensuring brand protection is in place.
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications required for the position of PPC Manager:
• Previous line management and mentoring experience of a small team.
• Over 2 years PPC experience, including;
• Extensive experience in PPC campaign management, analysis and reporting.
• Operational agency experience.
• Strong understanding of PPC markets, platforms, search engines and technologies, particularly in gambling.
• Practical knowledge of systems and processes necessary to create and optimise PPC campaigns.
• Experience in planning and delivering large budgets from long to short term.
• Extensive practical experience in day-to-day PPC management, bidding tactics, keyword research, landing page optimisation, etc.
• Managing multiple campaigns for multiple products in multiple territories and languages.
• Practical knowledge of tracking systems and technologies, applying best practice to ensure consistent and accurate reporting.
• Strong practical knowledge of conversion funnels, including optimisation of landing pages, ads and messages to streamline the user flow ensuring highest possible conversion rate.
• Strong experience in building relationship and managing external service providers.
• Experience in working in co-ordinating and liaising with multiple departments and other stakeholders involved in PPC campaigns delivery.
Desired skills of the successful PPC Manager:
• Working knowledge of another European language (French, Italian, Spanish and/or Dutch) is a big plus.
• Experience of working with eCommerce brands including retail, financial services and a digital marketing agency background - would all be useful for this position.
• If you have experience or any exposure to the gambling industry, then this would be useful but it is not essential.