The successful Programmatic Media Manager will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mind-set coupled with a creative flair is a must for this role along with the willingness to take a risk.
The Programmatic Media Manager is responsible for the effective implementation of client account development plans (ADPs) in order to achieve client’s annual business objectives and targets.
The role will be dedicated to driving display performance through the day-to-day management and effective implementation of client’s display strategy. Primarily through DoubleClick Bid Manager, but including opportunities with other tech partners.
The role will drive and implement the recommendations of the Channel Head, and will play a vital part in defining and supporting Programmatic best practice through working closely with the Client's network (community).
*The role may require travel to and working from other locations from time to time
Role and responsibilities
Role of the Programmatic Media Manager:
● Deliver day-to-day implementation of Programmatic and Display campaigns across key clients within the channel team
● Support the development and execution of the client strategy to increase profit, and provide a high level of great customer service to clients
● Responsible for client accounts, following Programmatic and Display best practice, ensuring that hygiene factors are monitored and managed accordingly
● Play active role in defining Display best practice and scalable processes
● Responsible for day-to-day client budget management
● Advocate the client’s Programmatic strategy and support members of the team where required
● Utilise tools such as DoubleClick Bid Manager (as well as potentially other DSPs), Google Analytics, DoubleClick Campaign Manager and others
● Stay up to date with new market tools and programmatic opportunities, which would support client strategy or my client’s product offering, and share to the wider team
● Give support and direction to Account Executives within the channel team
● Share learnings with the wider Social, Display, PPC and Analytics teams to drive performance
● Ensure client’s reports are delivered on-time and accurately
● Follow and advocate company policies and procedures
● Complete any ad hoc reports or duties as required by the business’ needs
Responsibilities of Programmatic Media Manager:
● Support the management of external agencies and third party service providers
● Delivery of progress reports to Senior Account Managers
● Delivery of performance against set KPI’s and personal annual objectives
● Manage team resource - both internal and the client's network (community), structure, training and development to ensure a high performing team of digital experts
● Own the workflow management with the Client Network
● Quality check work that has been completed by the Client Network and provide constructive feedback
● Test new features and align specific ones to clients for on-going support
● Ensure product beta’s, targeting opportunities are implemented into client accounts in a timely manner
● Accountable for client reporting data working with the Client's Network and Programmatic Executive to deliver accurate and relevant reporting, accountable and responsible for delivery of accurate and relevant communication of summaries.
● Responsible for mentoring Programmatic Executives in tangent with Programmatic Senior Managers.
● Responsible for delivering training as required within the induction process or ongoing training in tangent with the Programmatic Senior Manager.
● Responsible for innovating new technologies, new ways of working, monitoring market trends, supporting the tech roadmap and Client's Academy development in tangent with Programmatic Senior Managers.
● Responsible for project management.
● Responsible for advocating company policy and process, supporting client retention and delivering against margin.
● Responsible for delivering case studies in the form of Test and Learn pieces on a monthly basis.
● Responsible for supporting the Programmatic Senior Manager with new business pitches, supporting the Head of Programmatic and Paid Social with new business opportunities within the existing portfolio of clients.
Experiences and Skills of the Programmatic Media Manager:
● Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
● Minimum 1 year’s experience in Programmatic Marketing.
● Excellent communication, organisation, and presentation skills
● A mathematical and analytical mind
● Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
● Highly organised and an ability to multi-task
● Impeccable attention to detail
● Excellent Microsoft Office skills which must include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
● Proven track record of working to deadlines
● Proven time management skills
● Clear passion for digital marketing and programmatic display