I am working on a incredible opportunity, seeking a talented SAP Application Support Team Manager to join an amazing team.
As the SAP Application Support Team Manager, you will own the end to end Service Delivery for all applications within the portfolio area and is responsible for delivering high quality functional support, governance and business stakeholder engagement. The role will work closely with senior management, end users and Technology colleagues to deliver; solution configuration enhancements and a roadmap of improvement projects relating to the current solution.
You will be expected to deliver continuous service improvement from both the system performance and customer satisfaction and lead the team to deliver exceptional customer service to the business user community.
***My client has specifically requested SAP experience. On this occasion you will not be considered without SAP so please do not apply.***
Role and responsibilities
As the successful SAP Application Support Team Manager you will be responsible for:
• End-to-end delivery of all user support for the relevant portfolio of applications
• Performing SLA management of both internal and external teams and suppliers to ensure they provide a consistent and responsive service to the end users.
• Providing oversight, guidance, control and leadership on leveraging the capabilities of SAP FICO and Non-SAP solutions to colleagues and business stakeholders
• Acting as principal liaison between business key users and the Finance support team
• Providing regular and accurate reporting and analysis on the performance of all applications
• Ensuring all new solutions and enhancements being developed are effectively & thoroughly tested, and have appropriate support services in place prior to go-live
• Managing small change; assessing the impact, and the end to end process to deploy it into live, ensuring no impact on the operation
• Working with the Release Management and Service Transition teams to ensure the smooth transition of new services and enhancements into live
• Workong with the Release Management team to develop test and deployment plans for all minor changes
• Management of the Incident and Request process
• Maintaining a Service Catalogue for all applications, ensuring it is kept up to date
• Working with the Business Strategy and Partnership (BPS) team to ensure any Service Designs are fit for purpose
• Ensuring a process of Continual Service Improvement is in place for all applications
• Working with the Infra-structure team to ensure Capacity planning is carried out for all applications
• Measuring and report on availability metrics across the application landscape
• Working with the Implementation Services (IS) team to ensure BAU requirements and demands are included in any Programme and project plans
• Providing SME assistance to Programmes and projects inputting to workshops and planning sessions
• Ensuring master data controls are in place to ensure integrity of the key finance master data
• Planning, install, configure and test SAP application enhancements, upgrades, patches and fixes
• Working with finance to manage periodic processing including exchange rates, running consistency checks, and other system month end and year end tasks
• Providing assistance and support during internal and external audits both financial and IT
As the successful SAP Application Support Team Manager you will have:
• Strong configuration and testing skills in the area of SAP FICO and exposure to Non-SAP finance solutions.
• Solid understanding of the business and the SAP product set to effectively analyse the current state and how changes may need to be made to successfully implement an optimal SAP solution
• Business process analysis and redesign experience: strong business analysis skills; process mapping; business process redesign and implementation
• Proven track record of end-to-end technology service delivery and help desk management with budgets of £1m +.
• High level of people management experience both as direct reports (project managers, business analysts, admin, etc) and matrix (suppliers, stakeholders, testing, etc).
• ITIL (V3) qualifications.
• Experience of dealing with 3rd party suppliers.
• Experience of dealing with all levels within the Business.
• Strong understanding of the key finance processes particularly record to report and procure to pay.
• A good understanding of double entry bookkeeping, P&L, Balance Sheet, Management & Statutory Reporting.
• Extensive use of ERP systems, specifically SAP FI/CO including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, New GL, Profit Centre Accounting, Cost Centre Accounting, Cost Accounting, Bank Accounting, Report painter and Query.
• SAP configuration skills.
• Knowledge of SAP MM and SAP SD and how they interface with SAP FI/CO.
• Knowledge of Security (Roles and Authorisations).
• Strong knowledge of integration points.
• Reading and debug knowledge of ABAP.
As the SAP Application Support Team Manager it is desired that you have:
• Publishing industry experience.
• Project management experience.