You will be a hands-on Software Engineer developing in C++, interacting with stakeholders from across the business, presenting ideas and solutions, and providing the technical guidance in software design and development of for new features and functionalities. A design for a feature is influenced by the many requirements and restrictions different customers and stakeholders place upon a feature. Being able to design as an individual, part of a team, and as part of the broader team means being able to consider all the requirements and collaborate with all the relevant parties to come up with a solution and design to achieve the best results.
Role and responsibilities
What You’ll Do
• Provide support throughout all SDLC and ensure delivery of high quality products
• Design, modify, and implement casino games game engine software.
• Create unit tests and validation procedures, and document technical specifications.
• Identify programming objectives to implement subsystems.
• Document and implement fixes for software defects.
• Recommend alterations to designs and implementations to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Provide coaching, training and mentor of other software engineers
• Look for opportunities to learn from and be mentored by not only the leaders, but other team members whose skill sets and knowledge in areas outside of the principle engineer’s strengths and areas of expertise can assist both parties to grow in skill and confidence
• Work closely with manager in planning of team projects and has a solid understanding of risk assessment and contingency management involving not just the risk of the individual feature but also the risks that it may introduce to other features and timelines
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the code base as well as an awareness of all features that are currently underway as well as planned in the future
• Interact with stakeholders from across the business, attending meetings and presenting ideas and solutions
• Improve and streamline team processes, engaging and promoting the currently established development team process around feature development process as well as release processes
• Conduct ongoing professional development keeping abreast of latest technologies
• Have knowledge of our technology including technologies used by other teams
• Designing and overseeing designs: Quality gate on design and implementation of core features of GDK, Review designs, Code reviews
• Technical Direction: Provide the advice on core technologies,
• Provide fellow developer technical guidance,
• Identify new technological opportunities
• Hands-on approach through: Involvement in development of features and infrastructure, Getting to know the “devil” while seeing the detail, Mentoring, Code review, Seminars, Informal technical discussions
• Help develop a subculture that: Follows best practices, Is quality-focused, Challenges status-quo
What We’re Looking For
• Expert C++ and 6-8 years of Object Oriented Design and Development experience
• Experience working on game development platform(s)/game engine is desired.
• Concurrency and high level architectural design
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
• Linux Development
• Past experience providing technical guidance in software design and development, participating in design reviews and recommending improvements for other projects
• Ability to design and assist others in the design of the many new features that are being added
• Ability to work and guide test team and provide feedback on test plans, test cases and test methodologies
• Able to develop end to end solution for features and functionalities
• Ability to lead own projects as well projects developed by other engineers
• Ability to provide technological solutions including brand new technologies that are not currently in use
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Why our Client
• World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
• Endless growth opportunities across a global organization
• Flexible working hours
• Casual dress code
• Competitive compensation, full benefits