Our client, the leading online video platform used by many of the world’s largest media companies including Viacom, BBC Worldwide, Channel 4, and British Telecom is looking for a Solutions Engineer.
Their platform is used by over 5,500 customers in 70 countries worldwide. These video streams generate 1.6 billion events daily, which are collected, summarized and analyzed by the company's analytics platform.
Our client is looking for a Solutions Engineer that is passionate about media and is comfortable interacting with publishers and content owners on a technical level. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, technically creative, possessing outstanding communication skills, having the flexibility and curiosity to learn new skills and technologies.
The role will consist of providing customers, partners, and sales executives with reliable and flexible solutions that address customer business needs, and accelerate the adoption of the company's technologies.
You will be asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our client's products; answer complex questions on function and usage; and solve sales support problems.
You will help customers understand best practices around advanced cloud-based media delivery solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the platform.
As Solutions Engineer, you’ll also prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations and product prototypes for prospects; and may provide development, installation support, and post-sales consulting. We’re seeking candidates who are able to work proficiently under general supervision to provide tailored solutions in tandem with the company's products.
Role and responsibilities
As Solutions Engineer you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Guide technical aspects of the sales cycle including general evangelism, introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, development of proof-of-concepts, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. Identify and handle key customer technical objections, prescriptively guiding them to success.
• Help customers shape and execute the business strategies
• Work with customers to understand their specific needs and translate these into product feedback, or delivery by a tailored solution.
• Work with customer, partner, and stakeholders to make sure that the delivery needs are met.
• Develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases, with a view to repeatability and reusability
• Continuously develop relationships at the "implementation" level within each customer relationship.
• Work closely with other areas of the company, including Global Services, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering.
• Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers.
• Work closely with the corporate customer support team to share learning across key customer accounts.
• Travel to meet customers - must be willing to be in front of clients as necessary.
As Solutions Engineer you will have the following experience and skills:
• 3+ years experience in a customer-facing technical implementation role.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and clients.
• Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly.
• An ability to listen to customer needs, assess these needs effectively and address them through new product and solution offerings.
• A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals.
• Experience with at least one server-side language (PHP, Python, Java, etc.) is required.
• Any experience with native mobile app development (iOS/Android), and CE devices a plus
• Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience developing creative technical solutions to complex media process and delivery problems
• Experience working with OVP and Mobile solutions preferred.
• Experience in streaming media or video space preferred.
• A B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
• An eagerness to learn new things, and bring fresh ideas to the table.