One of the UK’s largest and most trusted online retailer of contact lenses and eye care solutions, is looking to recruit an experienced Technical SEO Manager to join their fresh and fun team in London on an immediate basis.
The Technical SEO Manager will report into the Head of Content and will be responsible for all aspects of technical SEO. Principally this will involve supporting multiple teams across the business to ensure the sites are built to be search engine friendly while also proactively driving technical SEO innovation and change.
With a robust knowledge of technical SEO and an all-round knowledge of SEO best practices, the Technical SEO Manager will be the main point of contact for all development and infrastructure SEO requirements.
Role and responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities of the Technical SEO Manager:
• Develop and drive the global SEO strategy and roadmap
• Owning the site hierarchy and technical SEO projects for 7 international sites
• Compile weekly ranking reports for our key brand and product terms
• Monitor and analyse organic search performance data, flag issues, opportunities and competitor insights
• Source and manage external consultants for quarterly site audits to analyse technical changes and report findings to key stakeholders across the business
• Conduct keyword research to support the content and outreach teams
• Be the champion for technical SEO within the business, as well as delivering SEO training across the marketing team
• Work closely with other team managers, to ensure that efficiencies are driven across the marketing team
• Identifying crawl/indexation issues through logfile analysis
• Keep abreast of the latest search engine guidelines, news, trends, techniques and technologies as needed to ensure on-going SEO best practice across the business
Experience the Technical SEO Manager will have:
• Strong technical SEO experience in a professional work environment
• Experience working with multiple websites, preferably from an ecommerce background
• Excellent communication skills, a personable and confident team player. Able to build strong collaborative relationships and explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Experience of auditing and working with server logs
• Takes responsibility and ownership of assigned tasks; managing priorities and focus as needed
• A natural problem solver; demonstrates innovation and a proactive, can-do attitude
Skills of the Technical SEO Manager:
• A minimum of 3 years technical SEO experience (preferably for an e-commerce company)
• Proven track record of working on large complex websites
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of SEO, modern web development techniques and best practices
• Advanced knowledge of industry tools such as Google Keyword planner, Search Console, SEMrush/Ahrefs/Similarweb (or similar), Screaming Frog, and Excel – numerate and have an analytical approach
• Strong data analysis skills to make data-informed suggestions and decisions
• Good understanding of content marketing for SEO
• Exceptional written and spoken English
• Experience of writing up development tickets (JIRA knowledge is desirable) and strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• A good understanding of online and digital tech
If you think you are the right Technical SEO Manager for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
If you know of anyone that is looking for a new role or even just thinking about a fresh challenge, then please refer them to us. As a thank you, should we successfully place the person you recommend, we will give you £200!