As the Web Production Manager you will be responsible for the development and execution of product and features as signed off by clients.
In this role you will be leading the team through all aspects of the software development life cycle and you will be expected to ensure team collaboration across all areas throughout. You will mentor team members, champion quality, ensure process adherence and you will be using the latest techniques of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
You will liaise with other colleagues, clients, internally or externally as required. You will lead team daily stand ups, sprint planning, meetings and retrospectives. My client work with diverse clients ranging from funded startups through to corporate clients. They do some pretty exciting stuff with open source code including bespoke ecommerce platforms, booking apps and large scale platforms.
As the Web Production Manager, you will handling various WordPress projects for their clients and you will be responsible for planning and integrating new functionality and enhancing existing functionality into WordPress websites. You will have experience in front end web development, and specifically WordPress, woo commerce, & plugin development.
Role and responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities for the Web Production Manager include:
• Being accountable for the performance of the entire development department through from projects meeting time and scope objectives, to establishing and monitoring KPIs for the team and onto and maintaining relationships with customers.
• Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest front end technologies
• Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
• Ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget
• Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
• Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
Skills and Experience for the Web Production Manager include:
• Previous experience of managing a dev team
• Application of web and coding best practices
• Agency / Creative environment
• Version control (Git, Pull etc.)
• WordPress standards, database structure, themes and widgets
• Responsive mobile development
• Developing ecommerce sites using WooCommerce and other PHP based platforms/CMS
• Writing optimized backend code for a RESTful application, including caching & query optimization techniques
• Converting designs from the creative team into highly usable web applications
• Self - motivated, goal - oriented and able to work in a team environment.
• Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
• Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis