Below is a sample Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Manager job spec which details the role and responsibilities, as well as the skills and requirements our clients often look for in a strong PPC candidate.
PPC Manager Role
- Launch, optimising and manage PPC campaigns and monitor paid search budgets.
- Monitor budgets and oversee search platform accounts.
- Well-versed in principles of search engine marketing including search engine optimisation.
- Your goal will be to ensure online marketing efforts have the highest possible return on investment (ROI).
PPC Manager Responsibilities
- Participate in forming effective paid search strategies
- Launch and optimise various PPC campaigns
- Oversee accounts on search platforms (e.g. Google AdWords, Bing)
- Be involved in keyword research, selection and audience targeting
- Monitor budget and adjust bids to gain better ROI
- Track KPIs to assess performance and pinpoint issues
- Produce reports for management
- Write engaging and concise copy for adverts
- Suggest and develop new campaigns across multiple channels
- Maintain partnerships with PPC ad platforms and vendors
- Find ways to reduce risk of click fraud
- Keep up to date with PPC and SEM trends
PPC Manager Requirements
- Proven experience as a PPC Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Media or a related field
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Understand the principles of search engine marketing and search engine optimisation.
- Familiarity with multiple platforms (e.g. AdWords, Facebook, Yahoo)
- Working knowledge of analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, WebTrends etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Strong analytic and numerical skills
- Understanding of HTML and XML is a plus
- AdWords certification is a plus