Below is a sample Public Relations Manager job spec which details the role and responsibilities, as well as the skills and requirements our clients often look for in a strong PR candidate.
Public Relations (PR) Manager Role
- Nurture a strong industry network
- Increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
PR Manager Responsibilities
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
PR Manager Requirements
- Proven working experience in Public Relations required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience